Safety & Recruiting Manager- Transportation
We are looking for a self-starter to join our team and manage all functions associated with vehicle and driver safety and compliance for Fleetway Transport Inc.
The Safety & Recruiting Manager will be tasked with the objective of achieving and maintaining a 95% rating on the Canadian Labour Code-Commercial Vehicle Operator’s Registration. This objective shall be accomplished through the delivery of driver, broker and staff training in the transportation of daily logbook, vehicle inspection reports, safe driving and strict adherence to the Ministry of Transportation (MTO) and the Department of Transportation (DOT) rules and regulations. This individual will also be responsible for the auditing of maintenance and repair records as well as all required Ministry of Transportation compliance files.
Be the leader in the selection, training and evaluation of our professional driver group, while ensuring individual and organizational compliance with company procedures, established standards, and applicable legislation governing the operation of our fleet.
If you have the following experience and skill set we are looking for you!
- Minimum 2 year experience in transportation industry knowledge and experience with a focus on regulatory requirements and compliance adherence both in Canada (MTO) & US (DOT)
- Excellent organizational, strategic, planning and implementation skills
- Ability to read and interpret government regulations and legal documents
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation, written and verbal skills
- Administer and analyze GPS and E Log Data
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times; Able to maintain confidentiality in matters regarding security or personnel issues.
- Strong attention to detail
- Very organized, with excellent multi-tasking and problem solving skills
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Experience with accident/incident investigation and general claims management;
- Working knowledge of knowledge of Knowledge of Canadas Labour Code Part II, WHMIS, and all other workplace H&S regulations an asset
- General Computer Skills (e.g. MS Office)
- Competitive compensation, negotiable based on experience
- Bonus and Benefits package
- Performance and process improvement suggestion rewards
- Career development opportunity
- Friendly, safe and positive work environment
- Open workplace that fosters fairness, respect and diversityJob Type: Full-time
- Please send cover letter and resume to our email email@example.com . Thank you in advance but please note that only applicants being considered for an interview will be contacted.